Mastercard supports LGBTQIA+ small businesses with ‘Doing Business as Your True Self: Priceless’ campaignJune 14, 2023
Campaign celebrates LGBTQIA+ small businesses and encourages consumers to shop, share and support those who embrace doing business as their true selves
Small businesses are the hearts and souls of our communities. This Pride Month, Mastercard is proud to reinforce its longstanding support of the LGBTQIA+ community and small business owners who are tireless champions of equality and inclusion through Doing Business as Your True Self: Priceless, a campaign that elevates and celebrates the authentic and unapologetic entrepreneurs doing just that. It’s Mastercard’s firm belief that acceptance of all types matter and is foundational to building an inclusive world and global economy that works for everyone. The company continues to honor those who have found the courage to be their true selves as well as encourages those who are still striving for acceptance.
To reinforce Mastercard’s ongoing support of local entrepreneurship, with NYC Pride’s Heritage of Pride Small Business Grant Program, brought to you by Mastercard, LGBTQIA+ small business owners in the New York City metropolitan area can apply for the chance to win a $10,000 grant, digital tools and a virtual mentor session to help build their business and empower their communities. Click here for more details and to submit an entry by July 16, 2023*.
In addition to the small business grant contest, live and online events scheduled include:
- Priceless Experiences available on priceless.com. Connecting people to their passions and celebration of Pride Month, on June 21 cardholders can join Time Out and Mastercard for a Cocktails and Conversations event in Brooklyn to hear local LGBTQIA+ small businesses share their inspiring career journey and sample some of NYC’s best bites. Click here to get your ticket today. Limited quantities. Terms apply.
- The NYC Pride March. As a proud partner of Heritage of Pride, Inc., and sponsor of NYC Pride, Mastercard is integrated into the March, including Mastercard float and Grandstand participation available for Mastercard employee attendance (June 25, 12-6 p.m.) and NYC Pride’s Pride Island where Mastercard cardholders will experience exclusive benefits such as 10% off all beverage purchases made at the festival (June 25, 2-10 p.m.).
- Mastercard’s NYC Pride float and related items were designed by illustration artist and Brooklyn-based entrepreneur Shanée Benjamin, who initially partnered with the brand in 2022 for the design of its NYC Pride parade float. This year Benjamin is creating original artwork that celebrates the small business shop, share and support celebration through her unique colorful illustration.
- The Mastercard Small Biz Pinterest Marketplace, offering consumers an easy way to discover, shop, and support LGBTQIA+ -owned small businesses.
- A new spotlight video featuring Clark Chung, owner of the NYC-based small business November 19. In spirit of the Doing Business as Your True Self: Priceless campaign, Mastercard captured Clark’s story of investing in his entrepreneurial spirit.
This year’s celebration of Pride builds on Mastercard’s commitment to the small business community and LGBTQIA+ community, following the company’s 2019 introduction of True Name, a card feature allowing transgender and non-binary cardholders to display their chosen name on their Mastercard payment card, giving them a way to proudly represent their true self.
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open to legal U.S. residents (including DC) who identify as part of the LGBTQIA+ community, are 18+ and the principal owner of a U.S.-based small business (as described in the Official Rules), with its primary office located within a 50-mile radius of NYC. Ends 7/16/23. For Official Rules & complete details click here.